Such a kind of plastic surgery as otoplasty is able to reduce the size, correct the shape, restore the auricles after injuries, and change the innate peculiarities. Medicine knows 150 varieties of this operation method, but about 5 of them are most popular.
Popular types of ear plasty are considered the safest among aesthetic surgeries. The operation is not significant, the methods are well studied and practiced for years.
You can agree on the date and time of the consultation, ask any questions by phone, or fill out the form:
Indications for otoplasty
- Asymmetry of size, shape, location height.
- Tearing of the ear lobule due to wearing massive earrings and tunnels.
- Bucket ears.
- Absence of auricle.
- Pronounced scars of Darwin’s tubercle, other structures.
- Excessive cartilaginous tissue.
- Congenital or acquired deformity of ear lobules.
- Defects after accidents and injuries.
Ear plasty does not affect hearing acuity and cannot reduce it. It does not affect the internal structures, nerve endings and the eardrum – all manipulations occur outside, which does not influence the functionality of the organ.
Two kinds of ear plasty
- Aesthetic – It is aimed at improving the visual component.
- Reconstructive – It is aimed at restoring the lost organ/its part.
The method of operation has two approaches:
- Traditional – when a scalpel is used as the main tool. It is rarely practiced due to traumatic manipulations, a long healing period and unaesthetic scarring.
- Laser – when manipulations are performed using a laser beam. The depth of impact is regulated to a micron, the influence of the human factor is reduced. The injury is minimal, the recovery period is short, and scarring is hardly noticeable (the incision has smooth edges which grow together well).
How is the ear surgery performed
There are several ways for eliminating defects, in each case, the method is selected individually:
- Seamless method – elastic cartilage bends easily, the doctor excises it and excess skin without suturing.
- Application of incisions is performed on the outer part of the cartilage. Grow back together, it takes the desired shape.
- Furnas is a suture method without cartilage removal. A part of the skin is excised behind the ear, the cartilaginous tissue is folded and sutured without removal in the future.
- Mustarde suture method – an incision is performed at the back along the desired area. The tissues are excised, sutured so that the ear gets a new shape.
- Closed otoplasty – the access to the cartilage is performed from the back of the auricle. The surgeon manipulates the cartilage through small punctures.
The price of medical services is determined by the degree of complexity of the surgery during the examination by the doctor.