All types of surgical operations require preoperative tests. They help to identify indications and contraindications for a specific method, give the doctor an informative detailed picture of the patient’s health, and allow to choose the right kind of anesthesia.
Necessary preoperative tests:
|CBC||with ESR and white blood cells|
|Biochemistry||total protein, ALT, direct and total bilirubin, creatinine, AST, glucose, urea, thyroid, sodium, potassium|
|Blood type||with rhesus factor|
|Coagulation test (coagulogram)||coagulation time, prothrombin index, INR, APTT|
|Hepatitis B||HbS-Ag antibodies|
|Hepatitis C||anti-HCV antibodies|
|Syphilis||antibodies to Treponema pallidum and IgM|
- X-ray of the lungs in direct projection with a description of the image.
- ECG with the reading by the therapist.
- Ultrasound investigation of the breast for women.
- Conclusion of the mammologist.
- Consultation of the gynecologist.
- Conclusion of the therapist marked that there are no contraindications to surgical operation.
Validity time of preoperative test results
After the admission to the clinic, it is important to check that laboratory tests remain relevant. The standard validity time of preoperative test results is 14 days. At the end of this time, you will have to redo the tests to update the information. There are examinations that remain valid for a longer period. Some of them are not recommended for all types of plastic surgeries, but only for specific ones.
|Blood type||3 months|
|Hepatitis B, C||1 month|
Requirements for the documents
Preoperative tests are provided to the plastic surgery clinic on the official forms of the issuing medical institution sealed in due form.
Hospital admission is performed on the day of the operation IN THE FASTED STATE!
It is prohibited to eat six hours before the expected time of the patient’s registration in the clinic.
You must have:
- national identity document;
- all preoperative studies (additionally check the validity time of tests before surgery);
- personal items;
- compression underwear on the operated area, if necessary;
- compression stockings or elastic bandages on the legs.
You can ask any additional questions using the feedback form on the site!