Reduction mammoplasty is considered a complex operation and requires a well-weighed choice of a surgeon with sufficient qualification and experience in such surgical interferences.
Breast: reduction is like a salvation
Not always a large breast brings its owner pleasant emotions. There is a diagnosis such as gigantomastia (hypermastia), when the mammary glands look disproportionately large in relation to body. With weight loss, glandular tissue cannot become smaller, and a woman becomes a hostage to her natural features.
You can agree on the date and time of the consultation, ask any questions by phone, or fill out the form:
Aesthetic aspects are not the only ones forcing the patients for a decision to correct the breast
Reduction of the size allows to:
- unload the spine;
- get rid of pain in the back and head;
- eliminate overstrain in the shoulder girdle;
- remove the problems of diaper rash, increased sweating in the summer;
- ease the choice of underwear;
- overcome psychological discomfort;
- go in for sports without restrictions;
- feel free in movement;
- visually look younger;
- look slimmer.
Often, the girls without gigantomastia but with a cup size E, F, G would like to make the breast smaller, the shape neater and want to look smaller.
What methods are used for reduction mammoplasty?
The surgeon focuses on several factors:
- degree of breast sagging;
- nature of hypertrophied tissues (fatty, glandular);
- origin of hypermastia (obesity, pregnancy, congenital features, hormonal disorder);
- location (on one or two sides) and other.
Depending on this, the type of access to the breast is chosen:
- Reduction through microcut. It is possible if the breast is free from ptosis, the volume of subcutaneous fat but not glandular tissue is increased. A cannula is inserted into a small puncture and liposuction is performed.
- Cut along areola – periareolar.
- «Keyhole» It is so called due to the similarity of the contours – along the nipple and below in the form of a triangle.
- Incision in the form of an “anchor”. (T-shaped). It outlines the areola, goes down vertically to the underbust crease, and prolongs along it.
Who should postpone reduction mammoplasty
- Young girls under 18 years old.
- Women planning to give birth in the coming year.
- Women with endocrine disorder – first they need to stabilize the endocrine profile so that the results are stable.
Still have questions? You can ask them through the feedback form and in the initial consultation with Dr. George Hamati.